I love to write. I have a PhD in English and taught college writing and literature courses for ten years. Here are some examples of technical and academic writing I’ve done.
- “Creating Email Messages with MailChimp” – Download PDF
- An engineering and software development agency, RMA, based in Davis, CA, developed a variety of specialized hydrologic engineering applications for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. I was hired to write user manuals for three of these applications, including CWMS (Corps Water Management System), HEC-ResSim (Reservoir System Simulation), and HEC DSSVue (Data Storage System Visual Utility Engine). Each user manual was about 200 pages long. Here are two of them:
- “The Metacolonization of Philip K. Dick’s The Man in the High Castle: Mimicry, Parasitism, and Americanism in the PSA,” published in Science Fiction Studies. Download PDF
- “Period of Adjustment: High Point over a Cavern: A Serious Comedy,” published in Tennessee Williams: A Guide to Research and Performance, Philip C. Kolin, Ed. Read it >
- “The Puked-Upon Whore Speaks: Angry Essentialism and the Avant-Garde,” chapter from my doctoral dissertation. Read it >
- I wrote the “Jim Carroll” article for Contemporary Literary Criticism Vol. 143. Download PDF
- CatholicBoy.com, the Jim Carroll website, is a mess at the moment (I’m in the process of moving it to a new CMS), but it is the most authoritative and thorough resource on Jim Carroll in existence.